If you need to restart the Weblogic Admin Server in Oracle Java Cloud Service you can do this in different ways:
The simplest and fastest way is:
with Putty access to your JCS in SSH.
[How to access in SSH to Oracle Cloud using Putty and ppk key]
In the next image you can find all the commands and where to go to restart the Admin Server:
- The path of the domains are always the same : /u01/data/domains
- To access to /u01 remember to execute "sudo su"
- To start the AdminServer you MUST use the startJCSServer.sh under <your_domain>/bin
Use the command:
nohup ./startJCSServer.sh -Dweblogic.Name=<your WLS Admin server name> &
If you have for example killed all the java processes (NodeManager, Admin and Managed servers), the correct sequence to restart all is:
- go in your <your WLS domain>/bin directory
- Restart the Admin server with startJCSserver.sh
- Restart the NodeManager with startNodeManager.sh, this will automatically restart your managed servers
You can restart everything from your JCS console:
This will restart, Admin Server, Managed Servers and Load Balancer.
You can also use REST APIs:
Look this example with curl: